Tuesday 10 June 2014

Football 'My Love' - Before the FIFA WC 2014 kicks off .. how about recalling the WC 2010 final .. when Spain won a thriller against Holland to grab the title by a 1 goal margin .. Somehow I found it very similar to a guy's journey from 'loving a girl' to 'being loved by her' .. how ?? lets find out .. :)

Football 'My Love'
-----------------------

How important was the match for Spain ..
How important was her love to me ..
A defeat meant the entire journey to the finals would go in vain ..
And a 'No' would leave me in utter despair and pain ..

Nervous legs and a nervous heart ..
Both equally important for a healthy start ..
Villa ran with the ball to pierce the opposition ..
I took a chance to create in her heart , my position ..

Too early to show her my love ..
Too early for Spain to attack ..
As both Villa's ball and my proposal were thrown equally rudely back ..

But none of us lost our hearts ..
As Spain decided to bring the ball back to the end ..
And now i knew to win her heart i first needed to be a good friend ..

Back and forth the ball moved ..
Silva to Villa to Puyol to Ramos ..
We started spending time together ..
And it slowly became from 'Me' to 'Us' ..

Situation tensed up as Iniesta , through the opposition's defense, found his way ..
Now that we were best friends, i once again decided to convey ..

One on one with the keeper ..
Chances always high for the striker ..
Still my heart throbbed and panicked ..
In anticipation of what will be her answer ..

' I love you and I need you ',was her reply ..
The heavens blessed the meeting of our souls ..
Celebrations began, Spain's dream come true ..
As Iniesta guided the ball into the goal ..

2 comments:

  1. Kuch suna suna laga..;) u hv written it long back on Spain's win, 2010. One of ur first poems n one of my favs.Feelin nostalgic u know.4yrs dwn the lane.things hv changed so much.u were in 2nd yr then. Bhai rem Paul- the octopus??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I wrote it four years back :) tine flies :) and ya Paul ko kaise bhool sakte hai.. The wonder octopus :)

      Delete