Wednesday 14 May 2014

Give him a chance

This noon he had to skip his meal..
It wasn't new to him ..
He knew how it feels..
When you miss your breakfast and then skip your meal..

This noon He had grabbed his meal..
But gave it to a kid who had arrived a week before
Because that 'toddler' was on 'wheels' ..
Weak and hungry He sat near the gate on his kneels..

Everyday while coming back from office
I would grab a beer from a shop on my way..
My friends thought i was wasting money..
But 200 bucks for a can .. i could easily pay..

But something stopped me from buying a can today..
Something i came across on my way..
Something which made a rupee look too much to pay..
Something that i hadn't realized till this day..

I saw a kid sitting near an Orphanage gate..
Tired of being hungry he cursed his fate..
He first looked at my car 'dazzle and shine'..
And then his eyes met mine ..

He asked a thousand questions at a glance..
He wanted to live .. he needed a chance ..
The only difference between him and me ..
Was that I was born in a rich family..
And he never had a family..

I bought him a meal which he finished in no time ..
'Thank you',he said,'Now i am fine'..
And the joy in his eyes gave me a pleasure ..
Which neither money could give me nor some wine ..



No comments:

Post a Comment